INTEGRAPE has developed a partnership with the XIth International Symposium on Grapevine Physiology and Biotechnology (ISGPB2021). In order to give full visibility of the Cost Action deliverables, a 2hr live workshop was given, and the main objectives were to introduce the action and provide an update with the progress of the general objectives of INTEGRAPE; including:
- share the actions resources generated from the different workgroups;
- facilitate inputs from the participants on specific aspects/initiatives/projects within the workgroups; and
- introduce/advertise ongoing and future opportunities in terms of collaborative networks, grants and meetings.
ISGPB2021 was organised from Stellenbosch, South Africa, but held virtually from 31st October to 5th November 2021. The meeting, organised under the auspices of the International Society of Horticultural Science (ISHS), was hosted by the African continent for the first time. The Online format included live sessions for plenary and other lectures and moderated discussions, as well as some pre-recorded lectures and virtual poster sessions. During these sessions the latest trends in grapevine physiology and biotechnology research were discussed, with a focus on the chosen theme of “Grapevine Interactions”.
Major topics included:
- Environmental interactions
- Plant Development
- Fruit composition
- Technological advances
- Computational resources and data integration