VIRTUAL NETWORKING SUPPORT (VNS) GRANT
CA17111 VNS Call
VNS position description
Virtual Networking Support (VNS) Grant aims at promoting virtual collaboration to complement traditional ways of collaboration within the research and innovation communities. This grant intends to stimulate virtual collaboration among the members of the CA17111 Action by designating a VNS Manager. The successful applicant will promote virtual collaboration, such as developing a virtual networking strategy for the Action, taking overall responsibility for Virtual Mobility Grants and supporting the Management Committee in the discussions and planning of virtual events and collaboration activities.
Selected tasks include:
- promote virtual collaboration
- prepare a strategy on virtual and hybrid networking
- assist the planning and implementation of virtual and hybrid events an activities
- select the most appropriate virtual tools for each specific activity
- support the Science Communication coordinator and Grant Awarding coordinator in integrating the virtual and hybrid dimensions on the Action activities
For a more detailed description on the VNS role and implementation of activities please refer to the Annotated Rules for COST Actions
All Action participants with a primary affiliation to an institution located in a COST Full Member country or Cooperating Member, or MC Observers from a COST Near Neighbour Country are eligible to apply for the VNS Grant.
The applicant needs to encode an application by logging into e-COST and clicking on the VNT Application (selecting Virtual Networking Support grant) and CA17111 and filling it the other information. Please consult Virtual Networking Tools (VNT) User guide for additional information on the submission process.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The evaluation of each submitted VNS grant application is performed by the Action Grant Awards Coordinator with the assistance of the Action Grant Evaluation Committee.
The selection of successful grantee will be based on contributions to the overall objectives of the CA17111 Action and the implementation of the COST Excellence and Inclusiveness Policy.
The evaluation of applications will be performed with the following criteria:
- Expected Action benefits from virtual and hybrid networking activities (40 points)
– Progress towards the Action objectives and deliverables
– Contribution to COST Strategy: how the VNS will contribute to promoting and spreading excellence, fostering interdisciplinary research for breakthrough science, and empowering and retaining young researchers and innovators.
- Outline of the strategy on virtual and hybrid networking (30 points)
– Development of a strategy on virtual and hybrid networking used as a complement to traditional ways of collaboration within relevant research and innovation communities.
- Plan of activities to be performed (30 points)
– Plan of activities to be carried out by the VNS grantee in support to the COST Action to develop capacity in virtual and hybrid collaboration and networking and to increase Action impact and reach.
After positive evaluation by the Grant Awarding Coordinator and Grant Holder Manager will send a Grant Notification letter is sent to the successful applicant.
The duration of the VNS Grant is from the moment of selection (approx. 1st March 2022) until 9th September 2022. The deadline to submit the report is 15 days from the end of the grant period.
After submitting a report on the activities performed, a gross financial contribution of up to EUR 4000 will be awarded (4000 euro is the maximum contribution). It is a contribution that will be paid on personal account. The activation of the grant is subject to availability of funds.
The COST Association and the Grant Holder of the Action cannot be considered as being the grantee’s employer who shall make their own arrangements for all provisions related to personal security, health, taxation, social security, and pension matters. The grantee must also ensure they have the required technical material/equipment and infrastructure to carry out the activities proposed in their application to the grant.