Short-Term Scientific Missions
Short-Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) allow scientists to learn from an institution or laboratory in another COST country - a concept of particular interest to young scientists (PhD students, Post-docs).
Researchers across Europe are working together taking advantage of this instrument to show impressive results in a short period of time. The STSM coordinator of CA17111 INTEGRAPE strongly encourages you to apply and benefit from such an experience!
Reports of the STSM grant recipients from the first call are available here:
The projects in line with the 2020/21 work plan of INTEGRAPE will be prioritized. In particular projects including genome and genome variation data management plans; transcriptomics, proteomics and metabolomics data management plans or phenotyping data management plans are welcome to help the consortium to develop on real use cases of general guidelines. The applicants should mention in their proposal how they will apply the established guidelines. Special considerations will be made regarding the participation of researchers from Inclusiveness Target Countries.
For guidelines on the submitting on the eCOST portal, please consult the PDF guide available at https://www.cost.eu/funding/how-to-get-funding/documents-and-guidelines/
Margarida Fortes (STSM coordinator of CA17111)
Additional criteria of eligibility
Applicants must be engaged in a research program in an institution from a COST country participating in the COST Action. The host institution must be a COST country or a non-COST institution officially participating in the COST Action, http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/ca/CA17111?parties. The average contribution for a mission is a fixed grant up to 3500euro, based on the applicant’s budget request and the decision from STSM committee (five researchers from the Core Group of the Action). For full eligibility criteria please check the Vademecum available at https://www.cost.eu/cost-actions/cost-actions-networking-tools/. The selection of successful STSM applicants will be done so in consideration of the scientific scope of the proposed mission and how the mission can support the Action in achieving its scientific objectives (as guidelines for preparation of an successful application,
Please try to answer the questions in Data management plan. There should be special considerations made by the Action MC with respect to supporting COST policies on promoting gender balance, enabling Early Career Investigators (ECI), broadening geographical inclusiveness.
- ''Generation of a multi-omic database using natural epigenomic variation between wild and cultivated grapevine genotypes'' (2021-08-01 - 2021-10-01)
Beneficiary: : Alberto Rodríguez Izquierdo. Center for Plant Biotechnology and Genomics (UPM-INIA) (Pozuelo de Alarcón) Spain
Host: University of Kentucky Environmental Epigenetics and Genetics Group (Lexington) United States.
- ''Development of a shared vademecum for DAP-Seq experiments, bioinformatic analyses and metadata submission in grapevine'' (2021-07-01 - 2021-07-31)
Beneficiary: Alessandro Vannozzi. University of Padova (Legnaro) Italy
Host: Institute for Integrative Systems Biology (Valencia). Dr. J. Tomás Matus.
- Towards a corrected and improved annotation of the Vitis vinifera cv. ‘PN40024’ Pacbio 40X-improved genome (2021-05-31 - 2021-06-18)
Beneficiary: David Navarro Paya. Institute for Integrative Systems Biology (Paterna) Spain
Host: INRAE COLMAR France (Colmar). Dr. Camille Rustenholz.
- ''GENETIC DIVERSITY IN ARCHAEOLOGICAL GRAPEVINE SEEDS TO UNDERSTAND CROP DOMESTICATION AND USE AMONG DIFFERENT CULTURES'' (2021-01-01 - 2021-03-31)
Beneficiary: Carolina Royo Brun. INSTITUTO DE CIENCIAS DE LA VID Y DEL VINO (Logroño) Spain
Host: Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology (MPI-EB) Germany (TUEBINGEN). Dr. Detlef Weigel
- ''Determining pipelines for constructing aggregated gene-coexpression networks in grapevine and validation by in vitro approaches'' (2021-05-30 - 2021-08-30)
Beneficiary: Gabriele Magon. Università di Padova (Legnaro) Italy
Host: Institute for Integrative Systems Biology (I2SYSBIO) (Valencia) Spain. Dr. Tomás Matus.
- ''Methods for integrating a standardized cistrome database in the latest Pinot grapevine genome browser'' (2021-03-10 - 2021-03-26)
Beneficiary: Luis Orduña. Institute for Integrative Systems Biology (I2SYSBIO) (Valencia) Spain
Host: URGI - Unité de Recherche Génomique, INRAE Versailles. Dr. Anne-Françoise Adam-Blondon.
- ''Standardization of DAP-seq protocols for the genome-wide interrogation of TF-binding sites'' (2021-02-12 - 2021-02-21)
Beneficiary: Chen Zhang. Institute for Integrative Systems Biology (Paterna) Spain
Host: Department of Biotechnology,University of Verona. Dr Sara Zenoni.
- ''Grapevine reference genome revisited – Generating a high-quality, haplotype specific gene annotation'' (2020-09-09 - 2020-10-09)
Beneficiary: Bianca Frommer. Center for Biotechnology (CeBiTec) (Bielefeld) Germany
Host: Department of Biotechnology,University of Verona. Italy. Dr. Nicola Vitulo
- ''Time course grapevine fruit development: population versus single berries transcriptomes'' (2020-10-19 - 2020-11-06)
Beneficiary: Dr Stefania Savoi Montpellier SupAgro (Montpellier) France
Host: University of Verona Italia (Verona).
- ''Integrated application of heterogenous databases'' (2019-03-01 - 2019-03-14).
Beneficiary: András Bognár. Faculty of Georgikon (Keszthely) Hungary
Host: University of Verona Department of Biotechnology
- ''Training of bioinformatic analysis on metagenomic dataset from grape rhizosphere'' (2019-07-15 - 2019-07-31)
Beneficiary Barnabas Kovacs. University of Pannonia (Keszthely) Hungary
Host: University of Verona Department of Biotechnology
- ''THE PROFILES OF ANTHOCYANINS, POLYPHENOLSPEROXIDASE AND POLYPHENOLOXIDASE FROM TWO AUTOCHTONOUS GRAPE VARIETIES IN BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA WINE REGION''. (2019-04-15 - 2019-04-26)
Beneficiary: Dino Hasanagić. Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics (Banja Luka) Bosnia and
Host: Institute for Multidisciplinary Research (Belgrade, Servia)
- ''Establishment of network construction pipelines to identify gene regulatory networks'' (2019-04-01 - 2019-04-05)/ ''Elaboration of the experimental and bioinformatic guidelines for DAPseq experiments in grapevine'' (2021-02-10 - 2021-02-24)
Beneficiary: José Tomás Matus. Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) (BARCELONA)/
Institute for Integrative Systems Biology (I2SysBio) (VALÈNCIA) Spain
Host: Edmund Mach Foundation (FEM) S. Michele a/Adige (Trento, IT). / University of Verona
- “Documentation and molecular characterization of grapevine genetic resources in Armenia" (2019-03-05 - 2019-04-05) / ''Recovering unknown grapevine genetic resources in Armenia: collection, conservation and characterization'' (2019-11-21 - 2019-12-20)
Beneficiary Kristine Margaryan. Institute of Molecular Biology (Yerevan) Armenia
Host: Julius Kühn-Institut (JKI) FederalResearch Centre for Cultivated Plants, Institute for Grapevinebreeding. Geilweilerhof 76833 Siebeldingen, Germany (Geilweilerhof)
- ''Association analysis of grapevine traits related to reproductive performance using NGS and phenotypic data'' (2019-07-01 - 2019-08-31)
Beneficiary Lalla Hasna Zinelabidine. University Sultan Mouly Slimane (Beni Mellal) Morocco
Host: Institute of Grapevine and Wine Sciences (ICVV). (Logroño) Spain
- ''Analysis of cuticular waxes and cutin compounds in grape berry along ripening process under water and heat stresses'' (2019-03-07 - 2019-04-08)
Beneficiary Olfa Zarrouk. ITQB- Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica. Plant Molecular Ecophysiology Lab. (Lisbon) Portugal
Host: Technical University of Madrid, Madrid, Spain (Madrid)
- ''Targeted metabolomics to study the effect of mineral supplements in grape berry phenolics'' (2019-02-25 - 2019-03-01)
Beneficiary Viviana Martins. Universidade do Minho (Braga) Portugal
Host: University of Tours (France) Laboratoire de biologie cellulaire et biochimie végétale Biomolécules et Biotechnologies Végétales, France
- ''Grapevine virus detection, elimination, testing and data management'' (2019-11-17 - 2019-12-13)
Beneficiary Vanja Miljanić. Biotechnical Faculty (Ljubljana) Slovenia
Host: Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA). France (Montpellier)